Saturday, August 16, 2008

General Updates

Well I am back from my vacation and joined my new workplace a couple of days. Joining was smooth and pretty professional. Should get going after the long weekend we had, here in India.

Meanwhile, I am looking at applying to Columbia much earlier than I thought, maybe even by the end of the month. I don't find a lot of work to be done for a reapplicant. My focus has to be on improvements in my profile which I am in the process of articulating. Then have to figure out a way to use the optional essay effectively, if at all.

Meanwhile, my ISB essays have been on the backburner for a while. I have not even got my comments back from the people who are going to review my essays. Hopefully, that should get sorted out by early next week. I now plan to complete both ISB and Columbia applications by the end of August. Then attach Chicago and Tuck applications.

Meanwhile, I have been very actively considering Darden as another school I would put in application for. It is pretty good in the discplines I am interested in and seems to be a pretty good fit. Need to do more research on the school. LBS is another school I am looking at right now. Should be able to fix my sixth school also by the end of the month. For now, its beer!

Cheers!

3 comments:

ACME said...

Nice blog.

Which all schools did you apply last year besides Chicago, Wharton, Columbia and Kellog...

Maxwriter said...

@acme: Thanks for your comment. I applied to only 4 schools last year.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know about a good resource for prospective MBA'ers. ManhattanGMAT is offering a free sample GMAT test, a simulation of a real GMAT exam, and a good resource for gauging your current ability level. Check it out.