Well, there is not much news actually. Things have been very furious at work and its getting tiring. I have been handed over with some long-term assignments that I am sure I will need to handover very soon to somebody else. That would mean more work. I don't mind doing that as long as I get some break before school.
Speaking of which, CBS front has been relatively quiet. I put in my housing application the very first day the application opened and opted for an apartment share. This option seems to be the most popular one. Although, right till the end I was torn between an apartment shares and studios. Now, need to wait till May for further activity.
Next month promises to be more exciting. I intend to inform my manager about my plans to do an MBA in fall. He has been very nice to me and I hope he would understand. Kroll will follow and so will the loan and visa processing.
Meanwhile, the scene in the US is getting scarier every week and is giving me and my parents a lot of worries in taking that big a loan to fund my MBA. Hopefully, things will fall in place. During this time, I hope that I get some sort of scholarship which can lessen my burden and my parents' worries.
Edit: Just read Tieny's account of the Open House and it looks like so much fun. And yes, I too am impressed by the crowd of people who are going to be my classmates for the next 2 years. Pretty exciting times coming up!
Diy Modern Headboard
6 years ago
4 comments:
Housing in NYC is getting cheaper by the day. I've heard one bedrooms downtown now rent for what I'm paying to share a place. Go on Craigslist, browse the listings and call the brokers. You'll be fine.
David McCreery
Columbia Business School
MBA 2010
Hi Maxwriter, I really enjoy your blog. Congrats again on getting in! I'm actually planning on applying to Columbia's Fall ER 2010. Also started my own MBA blog. Would appreciate any feedback you can throw my way.
Good luck this year!
That's very helpful of you. Thanks!I will definitely keep you in mind when preparing my application.
Hi Maxwriter - thanks for your comment, and congrats to you on CBS. I'm sure you're going to have a great time!
Post a Comment