So, whats up with me? Nothing much really. I am actually helping out a friend setup his venture. That is, in terms of brainstorming of ideas and sharing whatever industry perspectives I have gained over last 4 years of work. Its actually a lot of fun and the process has a good deal of excitement. In this economic environment, it is going to be a big ask but we have belief in the fundamental value of his ideas and I am sure he will do well.
I have been wondering what exactly is the right time to launch one's business, given that he is ready with a plan? Should it be when the market is green and credit is free-flowing or when the chips are down and investors are selling out. Till very recently, I was convinced that getting 'in' in a good market was absolutely essential to compete with the deep-pocket giants. Its also relatively easy to get noticed in a healthy economic scenario.
But, to my surprise, a relatively large number of firms (especially tech ones) have been founded in times of extreme economic distress. What explains that? I have no clear answer but it appears that several of them hit on some ideas which were generated because of competitive economic climate. They had strong value propositions. The founders worked under the radar for a few years, establishing the network and bringing the idea to market. As soon as the situation got better they were ready to capitalize on it. I am not sure how much of that is the case, but it sure is a thing I look forward to research more on.
On school front, there is no news. The process to me looks a little too slow, especially for the early admits who don't seem to have anything to do for 6-7 months. I am itching to get my hands on that pre-MBA material ;)
My room-mate got admitted to Queens last week and got a little scholarship too. He has received bundles and bundles of materials from the university. His course-work starts in May and he is neck-deep in the visa and loan process. Looking at his exciting and extremely fast-paced stage of the process, kinda feel jealous :P
Hopefully, some news will come from CBS this week! Till then, cheers!
Diy Modern Headboard
6 years ago
7 comments:
Hey man, how are you?
I'm going to be visiting CBS on 4/6through the host program. If you are on campus that day and are free, wondering if you want to meet up. Anyway, hope things are going well for you.
It's cool. I'm definitely going to visiting more than once anyway. See what happens in August.
Are you financing your mba solely with loans from india or have you gotten school endoresed loan, if its a combo of the two whats your split and amounts if you dont mind revealing that.
cheers
-omg
Hey Max! Been following your blogs as well as your posts on PG. Terrific! Congrats!
Is there anyway I can reach you? gmail id perhaps? Am a CBS aspirant from B'lore too.
Cheers
--
Can I get in on the email too? Rather have a more direct way of communicating with you than on public comments : )
This sounds like a post that I would write ;-). Good luck with that venture.
Here, I just want to say, if you think MBA school is challenging, then you only pass one test. A real life challenge is in post-MBA.
Post a Comment