Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chicago Essays

Anybody who has heard of what GSB essays are like this year - is tensed :D

For those who have not, here it is:
http://www.chicagogsb.edu/fulltime/admissions/essays_slides.aspx


I am really stuck with essay #2. I feel uncomfortable writing on topics which require me reveal my personal self. Especially, which require you to talk about incidents where you displayed leadership, or where you failed, or you had to make a choice.

Its not that I don't have stories. I just can't put them across in a mature, professional manner. After a week of dilly-dallying I have managed to prepare a draft for the Chicago essay 2 and got it reviewed. Fortunately this time, my reviewer had a fairly positive opinion on the first draft, which is an achievement.

Hopefully, another week and the Chicago app would be ready to go. This would be the half-way mark in the whole process.

Meanwhile, Columbia has been a little slow in coming out with interview invites. Infact, haven't heard of any invites yet for Fall 2009. The next week will possibly see truckloads of invites. Hope, they want to talk to me! :)

2 comments:

Soni said...

Chicago is really looking for you to reflect and introspect and put the answers down on paper. They will ask you about short-term and long-term and other common stuff career goals if you get invited for interview.

Columbia also asks for team failure in one of their essay.

I just finished my Chicago GSB draft as well, so looks like we're in the same boat.

LEONIDAS said...

Hey what did you do about the self-reported transcripts required in the Educational History part Columbia Application?

Most of the Universities in India do not have a 4.00 GPA scale.....