Saturday, September 27, 2008

Columbia Interview Done

I had my alumni interview yesterday and it was very cordial and comfortable. The interviewer was a '71 alum and was very senior in the organization he worked for. The interview itself was also very smooth. No cross-questioning just a good conversation. I was also asked the standard 'ethical dilemma' question which I was prepared for. So, that was sail through, although the interviewer asked for another one after I had narrated the first one. Overall, the interview went well. The questions were broadly why this school, why this company, why this swtich, why mba, why columbia and a lot of discussion of my goals.

The only hitch was that I could not answer 'Why Columbia' all that well because I was cut by my interviewer twice in between and the discussion went tangential. Its common knowledge that CBS wants students with a high degree of interest in the school. Hopefully, I did enough in the interview to convince him and the adcom that I am really interested.

In the end, I asked him questions and got very very good answers to most of them. He offered to help me in networking with people in the NY area, which felt good. I hope I was good too.

Now, the wait begins. I was told that he would submit the feedback yesterday itself or latest by today. He hasn't done it yet. Hopefully, he can get it done by the weekend. It was nice meeting him!

6 comments:

TienyChesney said...

Brother,

Good interview! Congrats on nearing the finish line before October (we can hope right?) By the way, how much time are you going to give your interviewer to submit feedback before asking the CBS Admissions Office to "remind" him? I hear that we shouldn't remind the interviewers ourselves (which makes sense since they'd be annoyed at us hehe).

TienyChesney said...

Hey Max,

I believe (not sure) that the status change email is sent automatically by the system once it receives your interviewer's feedback. Who knows. Ay!

TienyChesney said...

you are one lucky blogger! i am praying for a quick turn-around for you, buddy.

TienyChesney said...

Max,
I am "complete" now too! Stay strong, brother!

P.S. sorry for spamming up your comments

MBA Admission 2012 said...

What we do for our clients is similar to what lawyers do for their clients.

Anonymous said...

Ethical admissions consulting poses no threat to business education.
MAT MBA Colleges