Thursday, January 24, 2008

Life is slow

This is one of the slowest period of the application process. No progress on any of the applications and none expected over the next 2-3 weeks. Columbia interview invites have started trickling. However, all the recipients submitted their application before December. And I did so on Jan 3 which went under review on Jan 17. So, there is still a lot of waiting to be done.

Till now, I have never gone back to any applications after submitting them (except Chicago, of course). But now the urge to do so is growing. The fact that I have precious little to do at home is also adding to that urge.

At work, I have just finished a project and the chip is out for manufacturing, and I have a free interim period. Irritatingly, work at office was at its peak when I had to submit two applications in 15 days after Chicago WLed me.

So, I have gone back to books and started reading 'The Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini. I love books. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it! After the R-2 flurry of submitting 2 apps in 15 days, I seem to have so much time on my hands. Well, I love books AND video games :-)

Mo Zhou said...

best lucks with Chicago, maybe go to gmatclub.com, they have forum on topics about waitlist situation. ... cross my fingers for ya, and toes :P

Mo Zhou said...

Hey, yeah go for it. You can do it. Just make sure you stick to your study plan. A lot time things in personal life and work tend to drag you down (kind what happened to me). Especially for us people who don't have solid finance background, Accounting part is going to be the hardest. At least it was for me. I think course could be helpful in terms of keep you motivated and on track of your studying. You still have to spend tons of hours outside of class. Let me know if you have any other questions. my msn is tristesser@yahoo.com if you want to chat :)